To provide the highest quality residential and support services for adults with Autism, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and other disabilities by listening to and respecting the rights and wishes of each individual and their family, and assisting them to be active and involved members of the community.
Cultural Diversity Vision Statement
ASMC embraces diversity and multi-culturalism in all of its forms and promotes a professional community established with understanding, respect, and cultural competence. ASMC is enriched by the unique differences found among its diverse volunteers, employees, program participants and their families, and other stakeholders. ASMC recognizes that diversity and inclusion as core values that are critical success factors in achieving our mission. ASMC encourages and promotes a culture where personal and cultural backgrounds are utilized effectively to enhance all aspects of our programs. ASMC accomplishes this by:
- Demonstrating sensitivity to all forms of diversity and multiculturalism including, but not limited to: age, gender and gender identity, race, color and ethnicity, nationality and national origin, ancestry, religious affiliation and creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, political affiliation, physical and mental abilities, veteran and active armed service status, job responsibilities and experience, education and training.
- Acknowledging the varied beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, and customs of the people that constitute its communities of interest, thereby creating a diverse and multicultural professional environment.
- Promoting an appreciation for communication between and understanding among people with different beliefs and backgrounds.
- Promoting diversity education and cultural competence in its staff development programs.
Accreditation and Affiliations
ASMC Facilities are licensed by the NC Department of Human Resources, Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR). They are inspected annually by the DHSR Licensing and Construction Sections, as well as the local Fire and Sanitation Departments.
ICF/IID group homes and Innovations services are certified annually for participation in the Medicaid Program. ASMC is also a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Charity
ASMC is a proud member of:
- Arc of Mecklenburg County
- Autism Society of North Carolina – Charlotte Mecklenburg Chapter
- Brain Injury Association of NC
- Metrolina Provider Network
- NC Association of Community Based ICF/IID and Innovations Providers
- The Employers Association